We love working with clients on custom projects. If you are interested in a custom project, please email us at email@example.com.
We are not currently accepting diamonds sourced from outside suppliers. We have a great inventory and are happy to seek out the most special, ethically sourced stones from our reputable suppliers, if we do not have one that's perfect for you.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DETAILS IN YOUR EMAIL:
• What you have in mind, including examples of pieces Jane has completed that you like or want us to use as inspiration.
• If you have a stone/s that you want to work with, please includes pictures and measurements. If you do not know your stones size, feel free to send an image of it next to a ruler for scale. Please be as specific as possible with the information you send, as this can greatly impact design possibilities. Please note that due to a large volume of custom requests, we are only accepting custom projects on stones that are 4 mm or larger.
• Any applicable sizing (ex. ring, necklace chain length, etc)
• Budget - If you have a specific number in mind, it helps us better serve you to know this before we begin. We are able to work within a large range of budgets and want to make sure we are headed in the direction that is right for you.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING INTO A CUSTOM PROJECT:
• Do you love Jane's style and are comfortable with a bit of artistic freedom? We will provide mockups when beginning a project, but find our most beautiful pieces are created when a client is fully open to Jane making minor edits as the ring develops.
• While we admire other designers work and are happy to see them as examples of broad aspects such as shape and proportion, we will not be replicating another designer's piece.
• Custom projects are not always the most economical way to shop. If you are hoping to reuse stones as a way to bring new life to sentimental items, you are in the right place! If you are hoping to use stones to save money off our our retail pricing, we might not be the best fit. Creating a setting for stones that we do not regularly stock takes much longer than setting a collection item.
THE CUSTOM PROCESS
• Once we have all information in hand, JP will collaborate with you on a design and follow up with a proposal. Each proposal involves sourcing and time. We appreciate your patience, as the process can take up to two weeks to prepare and send back to you. Proposals are valid for 30 days. We ask that you only request a proposal only when you are ready to move forward with the project.
• If you agree with the proposal and terms, you can pay the 50% non-refundable deposit + ½ of shipping & taxes (where they apply) through the website to start the process.
• Our custom projects start at $2500 and go up from there. If you would like an idea of pricing, check out our GILD collection for a reference. Keep in mind, all custom projects will involve additional time and resources and each project will be priced accordingly.
• Most custom projects take 8-10 weeks to complete, depending on our custom project schedule.
• PLEASE NOTE: JP will provide one proposal free of charge. After this proposal, if you want another, there will be a $500 fee for each additional that can be applied to the project.
• We can provide a mockup of the custom piece once the non-refundable has been paid. If you would like a mockup before then, you may choose to pay a $750 non-refundable design fee that can be applied to the final bill if you choose to move forward with the project.
• Once your custom project is ready, we will email you pictures along with the final balance for the project with a link to pay the balance through our website. Payment is due upon completion.
• We prefer to work in yellow gold and think that Jane Pope designs look best in 14kt yellow gold, but will review white gold and platinum projects.
• Please pay the deposit when you are ready to move forward, as each proposal takes time and is only valid for a six-week period. After that time, the custom proposal will need to be revisited.
• There will be a $500 charge for using customer’s stone that will be expressed in the proposal range.
JP has the right to update/adjust proposals if the information provided changes.
Customer releases JP from any liability for materials shipped to JP. Stones removed may be damaged before removal or may be damaged during rework. If the customer’s stone is cracked or damaged, JP will work to minimize further damage. Customer will not hold JP liable for any broken, cracked or damaged materials. Any materials shipped to JP for a project may be used by JP if the customer does not move forward within 90 days from the receipt of the goods.
Before shipping items to JP please email us to receive an authorization number. All materials shipped to JP are the responsibility of the customer. Please insure all shipments and ship by a trackable carrier (e.g., FedEx or UPS).